" The star of Alsatian cheeses is obviously the Munster! A strong personality but fine in taste. Come and discover it at the Haxaire cheese factory! "
Since 1929, the Haxaire family has been making and producing its own Munster cheese in the traditional way. The family business collaborates with local farms, especially in the Vosges mountains, to acquire its raw materials.
The first cheese factory in Alsace welcomes its visitors in an authentic and traditional setting, and invites them to attend the customary production of its Munsters. The entrance is free and the tastings are offered, and of course, the company offers a wide range of products in its store.
- Altitude : 400m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 22
- Prices for children :
- Free admission. Group rates on request.
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Cash, Transfer
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Free tasting for groups, free tasting
- Languages spoken : German, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Open to individual clients
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.