" Come and visit, in the centre of the town, this church which has remarkable Romanesque elements: a crypt guarded by a sandstone bear, a porch and a high historiated frieze, which make it the richest sculpted portal in Alsace. "
In the town centre this church consecrated by Pope Leo IX in 1049 includes several remarkable Romanesque features: for example XIth C. crypt guarded by a sandstone bear, a porch and a XIIth C. historiated frieze 30m high making it the richest carved portal in Alsace.
The statue of the Virgin dates from the XVth and XVIth century and the pulpit from 1703.
- Altitude : 239m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 4
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 0€
- Reservation required : Yes
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups
- Languages spoken : German, English