Running through the heart of the region, the Alsace Wine Route is easily accessible from Strasbourg, Colmar and Mulhouse. Thanks to a dense railway network, you can easily get to some of the loveliest places on the Wine Route:
- From Strasbourg > Molsheim, Rosheim, Obernai and Barr (Strasbourg-Sélestat line)
- From Sélestat > Dambach-la-Ville, Barr (Sélestat-Strasbourg line)
- From Colmar > Turckheim (Colmar-Munster-Metzeral line)
- From Mulhouse > Cernay, Thann (Mulhouse-Thann St-Jacques tram-train line)
No car ? Then hop a bus.
- Using the regular bus services, you can easily reach many of the towns and villages on the Alsace Wine Route :
Close to the motorways, the Alsace Wine Route is within reach whenever you feel like it ! Once you’re there, you’re on a 170-kilometre road to discovery. Soak up the very special beauty of the landscapes unfolding before your eyes, and take the time for a leisurely stopover wherever you want. Delightful hotels, great restaurants - you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Try something different
Cycle the Vineyard Cycle Route
Running alongside the Alsatian Wine Route, the Vineyard Cycle Route will delight you with its enchanting scenery. The 131.5 km long cycle route takes you from Marlenheim to Thann and is an easy way to get away from the noise and traffic and enjoy the serenity of the countryside. An alternative route to take at your own pace for an unforgettable experience.Visit
Take a wine tour
Why not try an organised excursion? There are plenty to choose from, guaranteed to please. Interested in wine? Want to enjoy the countryside? Discover something new? Relax, our partners do the organising, and all you have to do is follow their lead and enjoy the best of the Alsace Wine Route!Enjoy