Raised in 1559, the "Untertor" (Lower Gate) remains one of the most remarkable vestiges of the town's medieval fortifications. The city crest, representing St. Maurice, has been painted on the East side section in 1895. Until 1775, the gate possessed a barbican (a kind of fortified outpost) but it was replaced by a massive archway, which was then demolished in 1894.
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 0,5
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.