This is the most imposing remnant from the 14th century fortifications. The gate was equipped with a drawbridge and a portcullis, which location can still be seen today. In 1783, the upper level of the tower was seriously damaged in a fire. Nowadays, a magnificent bell from the former St. George Church (that used to stand on the marketplace) sleeps under the roof of the building. This two-ton relic might be one of the oldest bells in Alsace. For security reasons, the building is closed to the public.
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1km
- Restaurant on site : Restaurant
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.