Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
The estate Scharsch is located in the village of Wolxheim on the beginning of the wine road of Alsace. The village is known for its Riesling wine. It can be explained through the quality of the vineyard's soil. Two great soils can de distinguished: the Grand Cru Altenberg de Wolxheim and the Lieu-dit Rothstein.
Leaning against the Horn’s cliff, the vineyard named « Grand Cru de Wolxheim » produces harmonious Riesling wines. Whereas the vineyard called “Rothstein” oriented South and sheltered by an old royal pit produces subtle wines.
Winemakers in Wolxheim since 1755, eight generations of winemakers have successively developed this vineyard of 12 H cultivated organically. A diversity of terroir allows the cultivation of the seven Alsace grape varieties (Sylvaner, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Muscat, Riesling and Gewürztraminer). An eighth variety, the Chardonnay, is devoted exclusively to the Sparkling Wine: Crémant.
Since 2009, the whole area has been dedicated to organic production, without herbicides or fertilisers or chemical treatment products.
Closed for the grape harvesting, the cave is openend for wine tasting. Groups have to pay 3€/Pers.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Type(s) of wine : Alsace AOC , Alsace grands crus AOC , Crémant d'Alsace AOC , Selection of Grains Nobles , Late Harvest
- Comments on prices : Credit card
- Type of visits proposed : Guided tour for individuals with reservation, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : free tasting, Paid tasting for groups
- Languages spoken : German, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Online shop
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 20