Built in 1679, this impressive building in freestone, bricks and pink sandstone is the only remnant of the fortifi cations designed by Vauban and achieved by Tarade. Louvois, a minister of the Sun King laid the foundation stone by sealing a lead casket with the record of the ceremony of coins and medals in the left jamb. The former passageway was blocked and a plaque commemorating the siege of the town supported by the Commanding Offi ce Schweiguth was put on June 10th 1919.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 174m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1,4
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.
- Opening hours and sales service available : Open to the public