The cemetery was created around 1622 on the initiative of the Jewish provosts of the communities of Bergheim, Ribeauvillé and Dambach-la-Ville. It was then enlarged several times during the 17th and 18th centuries.
The oldest tomb still present dates from 1666. The building has been classified as a historic monument since 1995.
Commented visit on request.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 174m
- Reservation required : Yes
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for individuals with reservation, Guided tour for groups with reservation