Our entire vineyard has been organically farmed for the past twenty years and biodynamically farmed since 2003. In 2016 we built a bioclimatic cellar where we have been vinifying our own wines in total independence. This cellar, located in the centre of the Alsace wine route, is a passive building made of wood and straw. This construction of 5000 self-supporting straw bales makes it the largest building in Europe to date.
The vine is at the centre of our attention in order to remain faithful to the needs of the wine and of nature. Our way of working the vineyard allows us to work on small yields and thus to privilege the quality of the berries. Our fermentations are spontaneous, due to the indigenous yeasts of our homemade lees from our own grapes. Our vinification is conducted with a minimum of inputs; we only sulphite if necessary during bottling and only in homeopathic doses.
The whole Achillée team will be happy to meet you at the winery where we are making our passion blossom. You are welcome to visit the cellar and have a tasting session or to sit in our sofa area with a glass of wine and a cheese and charcuterie board.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Type(s) of wine : Alsace AOC , Alsace grands crus AOC , Crémant d'Alsace AOC , AUxerrois, Gewurtztraminer, Muscat, Pinot noir, Pinot blanc, Pinot gris, Riesling, Sylvaner, Selection of Grains Nobles , Late Harvest
- Altitude : 187m
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash, Paypal, Transfer
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups
- Services offered : Free tasting for groups, free tasting, Tourist grape harvests, Visite de cave
- Amenities services : Air conditioned site, Terrasse, Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Drinks
- Practical services : Group reception, Aire de pique nique, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information, Open to individual clients, Possibility of organising music
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 200
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.