Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Let yourself be guided and admire this exceptional historical building, witnessing the presence of an important Jewish community as early as the 13th century in the Thann Valley.
Built in 1862 by the Rabbi Samuel Dreyfus and listed as a Historical Monument. The building, with its beautiful Romanesque façade, was partly destroyed by the 1914's bombings. Restored in 1924 and closed during the 2nd World War, the Synagogue returned to the community in 1948. In 2014, during excavations, the French National Institute for Preventive Archaeological Research (INRAP) discovered a Mikveh in the courtyard of the synagogue. Visitors can also step inside to admire the interior and the soaring nave.
- Altitude : 328m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 0,5
- Reservation required : Yes
- Type of visits proposed : Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Languages spoken : German
- Practical services : Group reception
- Group headcount :
- Mini : 5