" Climb above the clouds to the summit of Mont Sainte-Odile. At an elevation of 753 m, this emblematic site of Alsace sits at the heart of an exceptional natural environment. "
Looking out over the plain of Alsace, Mount Sainte-Odile was an influential convent for many centuries. Today, it has been converted into a hotel and this sacred place once dedicated to Odile, the patron saint of Alsace, still attracts many pilgrims. However, Mount Sainte-Odile also welcomes a number of non-believers who simply wish to profit from the natural woodlands surrounding the area. Hikers can stride along the sign-posted paths and discover, in particular, the pagans' wall built in around 1000 BC whose origins have given rise to a number of mystic speculations !
- Altitude : 760m
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash, Paypal, Luncheon vouchers, Transfer
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : German, English
- Restaurant on site : Drinks, Yes
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information