Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Cross the threshold of Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle and immerse yourself in the universe of the Middle Ages. It’s the only medieval castle in Alsace that has been fully restored. A unique site that’s not to be missed!
From September 1st to 30th, online ticket purchase is compulsory for individuals.
Please note: Monday September 7th exceptional closure of the castle.
All sanitary standards are implemented to welcome you in the best conditions.
At your own pace, follow the tour circuit freely, discover its furniture and weapons collections, its architecture and above all its 900 years of history.
A visit document in 14 languages presenting the history, architecture and restoration of the monument is available for downloading from the château's website.
Guided tours are available subject to availability: ask for information on the spot at the ticket office.
How to buy tickets :
Tickets for individual visitors can only be purchased via our online ticket office. Visitors will be able to purchase their tickets at the ticket office.
The tour consists of 300 steps.
Duration: Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
For groups, please contact the Reservation and Customer Relations Department on 03 69 33 25 00 or email@example.com (Monday to Friday).
How to visit :
- Wearing a mask is compulsory from the age of 11. Visitors are asked to come with their masks.
- Installation of hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers
- Respect for physical distancing and mandatory barrier gestures
- Introduction of a one-way visit to avoid crossings.
- A limited number of people per time slot
- Full entrance fee: 9€.
- Reduced entrance fee: 7€.
- Admission fee for 6-17 year olds: 5€.
- Admission 6-17 years old reduced rate : 4€
- Altitude : 757m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 12
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 9€
- Child rate : 5€
- Group rate : 7€
- Groups : 2€
- Etudiant : 7€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6 ans
- Group (minimum number of people) : 20
- Other special offers : Free entrance for all visitors on the 1st Sunday of the month from November to March and during the “European Heritage Days” (3rd week-end of September).
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash
- Reservation required : Yes
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Terrasse, Toilets
- Equipment required : Walking shoes, Warm clothes , Wet weather clothing
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Cafeteria, Yes, Food for groups, Food for individuals
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Bus stop, Local tourist information, Shuttle service, Open to individual clients
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 60
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.
- Opening hours and sales service available : Open to the public
- Protective measures : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Hydroalcoholic gel available, Reservation required, Contactless payment highly recommended