" A former rampart tower dating from 1411 with a bulbous roof, the South Gate, also known as the Tower of the Witches, houses a museum area where you can discover the composition of the Alsatian soils that make up the richness of our wines. "
The town of Thann, located at the southernmost tip of the Alsatian vineyards, is the South Gate to the Alsace Wine Route. and is renowned for its Rangen "Grand Cru".The Wine Route, which goes to Marlenheim in the North and is about 170 km long. The route shows idyllic landscapes, cultural highlights and, of course, vineyards.Discovery of this famous route begins through an old rampart tower, with its onion-shaped roof, which dates from 1 411. The Alsace Wine Route South Gate, also called “The Witches’ Tower”, is home to a museographical space : with its 14 sediments bore samples, discover the composition of the Alsatian soils, source of our wines’ riches.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 344m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 0,5
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Group reception
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.
- Opening hours and sales service available : Open to the public
- Temporary maximum capacity : 5 pers
- Protective measures : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Hydroalcoholic gel available