" Cernay was fortified during the Middle Ages, and several remains can still be seen today. The streets are still laid out on the square plan of the old town and the Porte de Thann gate today houses the historical museum. Discover the heritage of this lovely, unknown place along the walking trail. "
Old fortified town in the Middle Ages, Cernay has preserved some vestiges of that era : the city gate "Porte de Thann" and many streets in the center following the square pattern of the former fortifications. Specialized in the textile industry during the 19th century, Cernay has now become an industrial and economical center. It is also a city at the corner of the two main tourist routes in Alsace, the famous Alsace Wine Route and the picturesque Peaks Route. A historic and a industrial route will lead you to the discovery of the heritage, often unknown, but always surprising
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 291m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1km
- Type of visits proposed : Self-guided visit with documents in French, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Restaurant
- Practical services : Aire de pique nique
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.