" This 400-year old well and its exceptional six-bucket design was used by the Schnackers, the inhabitants of the lovely little town of Rosheim, for nearly 300 years. "
This remarkable well was built in 1617 by Jacob Zumsteg, author also of the well of Rosheim.
In a cartouche are engraved the names of the architect and the notables who allowed its construction thanks to their donations.
In 2009, the well was restored and cleared, which allowed the updating of the magnificent casing made of cut sandstone. Its depth is 8 meters with a water depth of 4 meters.
Opposite, the town hall is a magnificent Renaissance building from the 16th century, with a beautiful two-story oriel and a spiral staircase housed in a turret.
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 4