" Stroll through little streets and discover the surprising old town centre of Thann and its rich heritage. "
The old town, listed as one of the 100 most beautiful detours (Les Plus Beaux Détours de France), stretches mainly around the Saint Thiébaut Collegiate Church, one of the most representative examples of Rhinish gothic architecture in Alsace. Its openwork arrow has been protecting the town and its surrounding areas since 1516. As you wander aimlessly around the little lanes and streets, the city reveals to you its heritage wealth: 16th century houses, fountains, oriels, 14th and 15th century towers and fortifications, the banks of the Thur… In 20 minutes you can reach the ruins of Engelbourg Castle (Château de l’Engelbourg) and enjoy a stunning view over the Rangen vineyards and the Alsace plain. A tourist guide map available free-of-charge in your tourist offices describes the remarkable and unusual buildings in the town in detail.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 341m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 0,5km
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Self-guided visit with documents in French, Guided tour for individuals with reservation, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Drinks, Restaurant
- Practical services : Aire de pique nique, Open to individual clients, Point d’eau (eau potable)
Opening times and days are liable to change according to circumstances. Please take all the necessary precautions.